ellinor

Ellinor's Litventures

This blog is about my literary adventures in different genres. I like variety in my reading and will read books from most genres but particulary book with some literary merit.

Das Geheimnis des weißen Bandes - Anthony Horowitz, Lutz-W. Wolff I was really surprised by how good The House of Silk was. Having made bad experiences with highly praised novels during the last time it was great to finally read one again that was worth the praise.
The story starts with a client arriving at Sherlock Holmes home asking him to look into a man who seems to be threatening him. When this man is murdered soon afterwards things get a sudden twist: Holmes is suddenly investigating in a different matter - the case of the House of Silk and is even accused of murder.
In the end all the pieces fall into place in a very logical way.
The House of Silk is definitely the best detective story I have read in a long time. The story doesn't seem constructed at all. Until the last few pages you probably think that the author forgot how he a few story lines. But than he resolves those in a great way.
Unfortunately I can't compare this book to any of the original book by Arthur Conan Doyle because I haven't read any of those yet - yes, sham on me. But anyway - chapeau, Mr. Horowitz! This really was a great novel.