ellinor

Ellinor's Litventures

This blog is about my literary adventures in different genres. I like variety in my reading and will read books from most genres but particulary book with some literary merit.

Wedding Night - Sophie Kinsella I'm usually a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella. I usually devour her books within a day. But Wedding Night made all the difference: I really had trouble finishing it, I only skimmed over the last pages. At some point I even only wanted to rate it one star. I never was sure whether the book was supposed to be funny or just sad. After having read the opening chapter (the "proposal" scene) I actually thought of quitting right then and there. This scene was just completely embarassing - as were many others. The book just didn't feel like Sophie Kinsella at all. Had I read it without knowing who it was written by I would have thought that I was reading a debut novel by a new author who hadn't found a publisher and now was giving this book away as a kindle freebie and still had to learn a lot. I haven't been disappointed that much by a book in quite a while.