ellinor

Ellinor's Litventures

This blog is about my literary adventures in different genres. I like variety in my reading and will read books from most genres but particulary book with some literary merit.

Inferno - Dan Brown Yes, this one was better than The Lost Symbol (which really wasn't difficult). But it was so much worse than Dan Brown's first four novels. I absolutely didn't see the point for the "riddles". It all seemed so very constructed.
I'm also very fed up with Robert Langdon and could actually symphasize with the antagonist - HE had some point with his theory, even though I don't think his method of dealing with the problem was the right one. The theory and its consequences - there are so many people living on the planet earth and the population is growing so fast that everything will fall apart pretty soon, so something needs to be done, which the antagonist does by freeing a virus that randomly causes infertility for 1/3 of the population worldwide - without all the Robert Langdon and Dante hubbub (and probably written by someone else) would have made a really good thriller. But Inferno was just a very mediocre thriller with a pointless story and also with some logical faults. Definitely not something I'd recommend.