ellinor

Ellinor's Litventures

This blog is about my literary adventures in different genres. I like variety in my reading and will read books from most genres but particulary book with some literary merit.

The Girl in the Spider's Web

Verschwörung: Millennium 4  - Roman - David Lagercrantz, Ursel Allenstein

I absolutely loved The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, it was one of the best thrillers I ever read. The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest were good thrillers but they weren't as exciting as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. They both focused heavily on Lisbet Salander's past and her family history.
The Girl in the Spider's Web is following this path as well. Now that Lisbet's father and half-brother are dead the focus is on her lost sister Camilla who inherited her father's business. Like in the previous books there is another storyline as well. Here it is about intellectual property theft and an autistic boy. However, this story seems very unlikely and badly constructed. There are also too many new characters which first are described in rather great detail but in fact remain very superficial and the role they play often is quite unimportant.
It's obvious where all of this is leading: the next one or two books will deal with Lisbet's fight against her sister. But she will have to fight without me following her. This book convinced me that my time with Lisbet and Mikael is over. Especially after the final sentence: After Lisbet and Mikael seem to have made peace with each other it says "And outside a star fell from the sky." Ugh, that just sucks!