ellinor

Ellinor's Litventures

This blog is about my literary adventures in different genres. I like variety in my reading and will read books from most genres but particulary book with some literary merit.

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

Finding Audrey - Sophie Kinsella

I'm so glad to finally have again read a Sophie Kinsella book I enjoyed. After her last two books (Wedding Night and Shopaholic to the Stars) which I found very annoying I was afraid that Finding Audrey would turn out just as strange. I'm happy to say that my worries were in vain. I think that the change of genre - from chick lit to YA - really did some good.
Finding Audrey is about a 14-year-old girl who was severely bullied by some of her classmates (we never find out what really happened) and is now staying at home and slowly adjusting to life again. Audrey's family is a bit crazy and all this leads to some very funny situations which often made me snort with laughter (a bit embarassing when you're reading the book in public). What I enjoyed a lot was that sometimes the parents are the sensible ones and sometimes the teenagers are. In the end not all the secrets are revealed and not all storylines come to an end. But that really doesn't matter.
All in all a very enjoyable book. I hope that with this novel Sophie Kinsella has found a way back to her old writing skills and will keep us further entertained in the future.

(I received a free digital copy via Netgalley/the publisher. Thanks for the opportunity!)